Friday, October 17, 2008

Rome, still day one

A group of people selling their knock-offs outside of the Vatican. Within minutes all was packed up and people were running to keep out of the clutches of the police.










It is best if you have a small car, we were glad to be walking and relying on bus transport. My husband would never have found a parking spot.











It is always fun to look at architecture and the size of the doors on the old buildings, my dh is over 6 feet and still look at the size of the door and how far up the door knockers are off the ground. We thought that if you were on horseback, you'd have no problem.














The Spanish steps in daytime, fabulous potted flowers, loads of people, a fountain, fabulous shops, Missoni, Just Cavali, Salvatore Ferragamo and MiuMiu grouped around the square. I had lots of fun window shopping.










Sculpture just amazes me, and all these figures. Lots of inspiration. The sky behind the most incredible blue.

1 comment:

Adriana said...

Wow, your pictures are gorgeous! I especially like the one of Trajan's Column.

I understand you bought a new house. Congratulations!