Friday, September 19, 2008

they followed me home

First, a photo of socks that I knitted on my vacation in Europe, and for awhile after getting home. Although this colourway is Vancouver, to me it will always be Provence.

















Heather and I traded a skein of yarn with each other, I got some Regia. When we were at the event in Kitchener-Waterloo on the weekend.
One company had a good price on Briggs and Little and we decided on the cream with ideas that we would kettle dye our skeins, I have 8 skeins and now just have to decide on a pattern and it will probably be Tweedy Aran Cardigan by Norah Gaughan. Of course, now that it has been in my hands for a few days, I am loving the yarn the way it is and no longer wish to dye it.






I have a few new balls of yarn, Home by Madeline Tosh. It is the first time I have seen yarn by this artist and this ball of yarn was calling my name.




Here are the sleeves of my Hey Teach.

Today, I went to the Album of Quilts by the Lions Gate Quilters Guild with a friend, great variety of quilts, some fabulous art quilts and I was particularly interested in the overlays of coloured organza.

1 comment:

Stephanie V said...

Love the yarn for 'Hey Teach'. It will be so pretty on an overcast day.