Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On the boat

The first night on the boat in Clam Bay in the Gulf Islands.


I loved these rusted sculptures in the garden at the marina in Genoa Bay on Vancouver Island. I'd love one of these in my own garden. Some wild life on the rocks in one of the channels.

A poor colour rendering of my bag of many pockets from Felt Frenzy, I used Patons Classic Merino, 2 strands throughout, the green is jade heather and I can't find the label for the tweed. Edit: it is Rich red tweed. I have attempted a matching wallet and now they need to go into the washing machine.
Entering the Pass, pretty calm and out the other side of the pass, with West Vancouver just under the dark section of cloud with the UBC bluff. You'll have to zoom in to see it! The water was so calm, a big giant could skip a stone to Vancouver.
I have gone through here before, praying for it to soon be over as the boat rocked to and fro as it hit eddys and the ocean swell. But this time, I actually sat in the cockpit and knit!

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

That water does look as smooth as glass. I really want to come sailing sometime! You always find the neatest art.