Monday, August 25, 2008

Boating but no sailing

Nothing like taking a sailing vacation and having the weather do the unexpected. We were gone 8 days and had the sails up for 45 minutes. Most of the time no wind and the time the sails were up, it was blowing pretty good with whitecaps on the water pushing us from behind. I, of course, am not much of a sailor, so I enjoyed the motoring.
The first five days the weather was hot, and we stayed in Clam Bay, Ganges and Sidney. I had lots of knitting time and the only hobby things I took this trip was my knitting.
We spent one night in Genoa Bay, neat spot and we hadn't been there before and it was good shelter from the wind.
The last 2 night were spent at Telegraph Harbour. We stayed an extra night because of small craft warning and the barometer was really dropping. That afternoon, 4 hours of rain. We were content in our boat, knitting, reading and surfing, we had good internet access. Got to love wireless internet. So I spent my time looking at ravelry and reading my favorite blogs.
The next day, the pass had slack water at 2pm, we left the moorage at noon, the sea was as smooth as glass all the way to Vancouver and we were home by 7:30.
Pictures next time.

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

You had to motor all the way to the Island? Love to see your sailing knitting. I worked on Salina again (finally) and managed to buy yarn while staying at the cottage!