Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I see the difference.

THe sweet pea socks are no more, I had left it alone for a few months and for the life of me could not get the pattern working for me again. I think I am lace challenged.
Although Heather had done a good job of dyeing the yarn to a match a picture I had sent her, she felt it was a little overly bright. It did look brighter in real lfe but it was still a pretty yarn.
Over Christmas, we reskeined the yarn, put it in its vinegar bath and got out the black dye and a little blue. Presto!! A very subtle yarn and on close inspection very, very neat.

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

I really like the new incarnation... hope it's not too dark for you!

Adriana said...

Wow, what a difference! The new colour looks dark and mysterious. I bet it would look great with cables or a lace pattern.

Louisa said...

It looks like the inside of a shell! One of the dark ones. Very neat!