Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Library Knitting books.

I've had a couple of books out lately, although I find my fiction books much more compelling. http://www.amazon.ca/Knitting-Lessons-Lela-Nargi/dp/158542210X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195709947&sr=8-3 Knitting Lessons is really about the process, how people have been caught up with knitting, what they learn about themselves and knitting. http://amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mother+of+purl&Go.x=12&Go.y=8 Mother of Purl is another interesting book, I liked the format of the book, there are a few patterns for simple tops that I am quite intriqued with and am considering knitting them up.

I have been working on a doll tonight, I am redoing the head, arms and legs of a doll that I had made for a challenge last Christmas. There is an exhibit in a couple of weeks, so I am happy with her new head, I needlefelted her hair and added angelina fibers for a bit of sparkle. The legs took a couple of hours and the arms so far about 3 hours, now it is time to stuff them. The hands aren't perfect yet but her old hands were ugly and I have more hope for this pair.

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

My hold on an Alice Starmore book came through at the library and I forgot to go get it. Maybe this is a sign that I need to tackle some other things before I hit the AS.

I think I might check out 'Knitting Lessons'.