Sunday, September 2, 2007

Unknown Journey




So the question is, where am I going with my experiments with Lutrador? It is a spun polyester that can be dyed, melted, stitched and printed on an ink jet. So this is just the beginning. For these samples I have machine stitched, dropped seta silk dye drops, sprayed with water, heated with a heat gun and applied puff paint. I did heat the puff paint with my heat gun, then got impatient, poked at it and tried ironing it. Flattened the puff paint out, then I added distress ink stamp pads. No photo of that yet. I think I need a hotter heat gun. I have very light lacey effect in the 70 gm piece. I have no plans for these pieces other than their own little journal.

2 comments:

arlee said...

They look very 60's pop art :} I'm saving bits and pieces of these experiments too--waaaaay down the road, they end up in other work :}

Eva scrap said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I haven´t starded with lace and lutrador yet I have to order lutrador from England can´t get it here in Sweden. Looking forward to see yours, you do lovely work.