Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Best Friend Jacket


I am done and I have a bit of yarn leftover, and am now contemplating a collar. Slinging a purse over my shoulder tends to pull at the neckline. I went to the store where I bought the yarn and they were happy to see it made up and it was fun to wear as I got comments everywhere. I have done a few changes to the pattern, mostly because I used cotton and thought it might be too heavy thru the shoulders, so I added yokes to the front and back and used moss stitch to help stablize the cotton. I wasn't sure of the size. I like the fit, it could be an inch or two looser but if I lose weight which is the plan it will be just right. It was perfect to wear today, it was a lovely fall day. The forecast is for rain the rest of the week. So it is probably a jacket that will only get a couple of months wear a year.

No comments: