Thursday, August 2, 2007

Toronto and Back






I managed to get some sewing done for my trip. Simplicity 4189 for a rayon/linen skirt which I loved and it was so comfortable in the heat. Simplicity 6515 for a crinkle batik with a linen trim facing which I sewed on the outside of the garment. It was cool to wear as well but the fit is not great and I need to take it in a bit.


DH and I were visiting our son and Heather of Friends Knit Together. They all worked on getting a spinning wheel working, the two men had a look at the wheels in the basement of Rommi, while Heather and I picked up a couple of balls of yarn. Then H & I hit the fabric stores on Queen Street, we both bought goodies, I got three great knits. The men waited in the the pub, this is starting to be a tradition with our Toronto routine.








I had a good time at the ROM and the textile museum with DS, showing me around TO. I was glad the subway was cool as I am not used to the heat and humidity.




Heather and I had some hands on sewing lessons and got her skirt finished, new fabric and patterns bought. I added post it notes with I hope helpful hints for the next projects.



It was a good visit, we saw relatives, ate out, ate in, knit a lot on the plane and just got caught up with the latest happenings in our lives.

I worked on the front of this jacket, I am thinking I'll have to redo the front yokes. I guess I should have alternated yarn from two balls at once on the sleeve.




The two knits below were bought before the Toronto trip, still not made up. I have ideas for everything.






3 comments:

Louisa said...

Nice fabrics you got! SO much fun to shop in different stores than what we have at home, isn't it? I so envy you the chance to go to ROM and the Museum for Textiles. I've never been east in Canada farther than halfway across Alberta! One day, I hope.

Adriana said...

Everything looks lovely! I'm glad you were able to have a nice visit despite the heat and humidity.

Heather G. said...

I love love love the fabric I bought. And we will never forget Daniel!