Friday, August 31, 2007

The learning curve.

It has been many years since I started school but September always gives me a little buzz. I like the new start and I am ready to learn new things.

This morning there was just over 300 people ahead of me on the invite list to Ravelry. I haven't photographed my stash but I think there are quite a few pictures I have taken since I got a digital camera and I should find plenty to upload.



I need to sit here a bit longer and get 200 pictures saved to disc and taken in and get printed, the cost is only 15 cents a picture now and it sure would save a lot of time to just get them done then to sit at the computer and do it. It would save a lot of ink as well.



I bought my first 'zine. I have a year subscription to Fibre and Stitch, http://fibreandstitch.com/index.htm and there is also a yahoo group for subscribers. This is going to be so much fun and I was very impressed with the first magazine. I started experimenting with lutrador(polyester web), silk dyes, machine stitchery and puff paint. I was a bit impatient with the puff paint, flattened it a bit so then needed some ink on it. Needs more work yet. I am thinking of putting my experiments into a book for reference.

2 comments:

arlee said...

Isn't F&S FAB????? I'm already knee deep in painted lace and cheesecloth myself and can't wait to see what everyone else is doing!
Are you in the Yahoo group too?

StegArt said...

So glad you are happy with the zine. Love your lutrador samplings.