Even though I commented yesterday on the boat and the state of the foam mattresses, I forgot to mention the trouble with fitted sheets. I have attacked this problem again.
I have made many fitted sheets in my time and on a regular bed or even tent trailer when all the corners are square it is a relatively simple procedure.
The boat foams are different not a square corner anywhere! The first sheet I made fitted the width of two mattresses side by side. The problem is this. The old covers are a nylon velvet, this has nap, so when you sleep and get out of bed occasionally the sheet creeps up from the foot and by morning it is above your knees. The foams are different widths and are contoured to fit the hull of the boat, bevelled edges at the foot, bevelled along one side the entire length by about 6 or 8 inches, so across the width of the widest foam it goes from 1 inch to 4 inches in thickness.
This time the approach is to make a fitted sheet for each foam, so each foam was up on the cutting table in the sewing room with an old sheet, corners were pinned, sewn, strips of fabric cut off, edges serged and then some elastic was added. Here's hoping, it will all stay together, it isn't very pretty on the back, I have done pretty before and it hasn't worked.
After all that, I used 3 boxes of Tintex Royal blue, and dyed a blue sheet, a pink one and lavender pillowcases. They are still 3 different colours but it is a more co-ordinated look.
It was so hot last night in the house, we did consider going down to the marina and sleeping on the boat.