Tuesday, July 3, 2007

More crafts on board

























The magazines to keep me dreaming of my next project. Sewing, dolls, altered art, journal for ideas, knitting book, another pattern for the socks and 2 novels. (One fairly good but both trashy for summer reading).

Sweetpea socks,http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTsweetpea.html I did the sock on the left while on the boat. I really needed knitting instructions with me, the fresh air had addled my brain, couldn't even remember ssk, and m1 drove me crazy, plus my guage was off. At home I went to my usual size 2mm, much better, I still can't count but I have now completed the 2nd pattern, it is easy, really. Isn't the yarn from Heather pretty. When I was typing in the label, I wrote sweatpea, freudian slip, if my knitting had been correct with no ripping, I'd be done a sock by now.

The baby sweater has grown by a whole 2 rows while we were away.



I have completed the sleeves. I think, they haven't been cast off, just in case. I decided to change the Best Friends sweater, the general shape will be the same but there will be too much weight pulling on the shoulders and neck. I am working on a moss stitch yoke.

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

Sweet pea is a good choice for such a pastel yarn! I like how it turned out, but I cringe when I think what it was supposed to look like...

Adriana said...

Sweet Pea looks awesome! I've been wanting to make it and to use the yarn you dyed for me. I'm thinking they might be a nice match.
Unfortunately I'm sick right now and haven't knit a stitch in days. Once I'm better maybe I'll cast on, toe-up, of course :)

Louisa said...

Love your travelling crafts pack. I pack lots of stuff to do also though no longer in a boat but a VW Westphalia (also a small space but doesn't heel over)! LOL!! Your sailboat makes me nostalic for our old NW 21 though. We went to all the places you described too.

PS The socks are terrifically cute!