Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Heatwave

Yesterday, there was a breeze along with the high temperature, but today no breeze. Just 32 degrees in the shade on my deck. I did spend some time sewing this morning, even set up a chair in a shady spot outside but walking to and from it was too hot.
I am working on a new blouse, now that it is half way together, I have to make some modifcations.( it doesn't fit right, I discovered that it needs a zipper and that it has bias tape on the edges of the arm hole.) All this used to be written on the back of the pattern envelope but no longer on some of the patterns. I had already changed the pattern with an exposed facing on the outside of the garment and I don't know if I want to do that with the bias as well.

Knitting progresses each piece from the previous post has gained a few rows at least.

Boating update: After sleeping a week on the old foam mattresses we decided to upgrade with new foam. Then I washed all the covers on the bed and salon cushions, twice through the washer each. I shudder at how dirty they were. Now we are looking at getting new foams for the salon cushions. ($800 bill doesn't include new covers) but we discovered a great deal of mildew and they are now gone. Hubby is also entertaining the idea of a new mainsail, we won't be ordering that until Sept.

The fan is going to be pointing in my direction all evening, while I watch Canada's next top model and then So you think you can dance.

To cope with the heat, a mid afternoon shower, chips for salt, a milkshake and I am reading a fictional account of living in the glaciers in the days of the iceage. I only felt cool for 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

I am thinking of you. Perversely, I just turned off my fan because I was getting a little too cool.

Oh, Canada!