Thursday, February 22, 2007

How do you spell Relief?



Do you remember the old commercial, where the anouncer asked that question? The answer was Rolaids. Last night, I spelt it DONE.




I mastered that sock heel that was giving me grief. Two nights ago, after ripping back once again, I thought that the brain finally understood the process at a deeper level, getting the rhythm of the increases down to my finger tips, all was well. The next part was the increases again, all was going well....for awhile. OOOps more dropped stitches, those pesky little size 2mm needles made all the difference from the last pair which were made on 2.75mm. I gave myself another hour , while watching Lost to do the next attempt, unrip and redo. It worked and hopefully when I do the next sock the brain-hand connectrion will have kept that memory.


The stole is complete and I look up the care on the Blue Heron site, it is rayon and metallic and they just said lukewarm wash. I am still a bit nervous about blocking it. As much as I love it, it goes with absolutely nothing in my wardrobe, so I don't feel a rush to get that stage done.

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

Nothing like slogging through an annoying heel to victory!

I have this annoying relationship with short-row heels... I like the look of them, but I don't enjoy knitting them at all. On the other hand, I love knitting heel-flap heels, but the look of them does not inspire me greatly.

Love the colour!

Adriana said...

I love knitting short-row heels but yours looks different than mine. How did you do it?

Rosemary aka fabricfan said...

I just followed the pattern for the heel, mind you the first time,I thought I'd followed the pattern as well. I ended up with eyelet holes along the join, which I quite liked, it is the darn double wrapped stitch that does me in. I only do it because I like the fit on my foot a lot better. Send me a sock picture of your heel technique, for comparison.